Acceptable Use Policy
www.8secondz.com and the 8secondz mobile app (the “Platform”) is operated by Carnival Digital Media Pvt Ltd (ACN 629 712 581) ("we/us/our").
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the rules that apply when you upload video or other content to the Platform, make contact with other users on the Platform, or use or interact with the Platform in any other way.
You must not use the Platform: In any way that breaches the law; To upload any video or other content which does not comply with the content standards set out below; To harm, bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person; To send or post spam; To commit fraud; or to send or upload any virus or other malware.
These content standards apply to any video you upload to the Platform or other content you submit to the website including comments (Content). You must comply with these content standards in spirit as well as letter. The standards apply to each part of any Content as well as to its whole. We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether Content breaches the content standards. You agree to accept our decision on any Content as a condition of using the Platform and submitting Content. Content must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts);
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and comply with Australian law and the law of the country from which it is posted.
Content must not:
- Defame any person;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Harm, bully, harass, insult, abuse, threaten, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- Support or condone discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Constitute racial vilification;
- Contain or promote adult or sexually explicit material;
- Infringe any person’s intellectual property rights;
- Breach any obligation of confidentiality or other legal obligation;
- Be misleading or deceptive;
- Constitute contempt of court;
- Interfere with any person’s privacy;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Promote or incite violence or illegal activity;
- Encourage or other induce the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or contain any advertising or links to other websites.
In creating Content, you must not:
- Breach any laws;
- Trespass on any property or interfere with any person’s privacy;
- Engage in any act which has the potential to cause harm to yourself or others or to damage any person’s property (a dangerous act); or
record any person without their permission.
Any Content which simulates a dangerous act must make clear that the dangerous act is only being simulated. We expressly exclude any liability for any loss, damage or liability (including any property damage, personal injury or death) arising from or in connection with the creation of Content by a user.
Moderation of Content
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from any part of the Platform, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to moderate Content (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to monitor or moderate any part of the Platform, and we expressly exclude any liability for any loss, damage or liability arising from the use of the Platform by a user in breach of our content standards, whether Content is moderated or not.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Issue of a warning;
- Removal of any Content in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy;
- Withdrawal of your right to use the Platform;
- Removal of all Content uploaded by you to the Platform;
- Legal proceedings against you;
- Referral of the matter to law enforcement authorities; or any other action we deem appropriate.
The terms of this Acceptable Use Policy are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. You and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State, the Federal Court of Australia, and any courts which have jurisdiction to hear appeals from those courts in relation to any dispute arising from or in connection with this Acceptable Use Policy or your use of the Platform.
If you have any questions about this Acceptable Use Policy, or to report any breach of the Acceptable Use Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.